Downloading Custom B2B Apps
The following 4 steps are modified from Apple's resource guide located at: https://www.apple.com/business/docs/VPP_Business_Guide.pdf
Specifically, the information on pages 6 & 7, under the header "Custom B2B Apps for iOS".
Step 1. Connect with us and let us know what app you want built.
Step 2. Provide us with your Apple Deployment Programs Apple ID, which is just the email address associated with your deployment program / business.
Step 3. Obtain the custom B2B app through the VPP store. When the app is approved by Apple and ready to be downloaded, I will notify you that it is available. It might take up to 24 hours to propagate, but is usually much faster.
You can then log in to the VPP store to see the custom B2B apps that have been created for your business. Custom B2B apps are available only to your business and are not visible to other businesses in the program.
Step 4. Distribute the app to your users. You can distribute custom B2B apps just as you would any apps purchased through the VPP store. Custom B2B apps can be managed by MDM or distributed using redeemable codes. (Guide to redeemable codes is below. For the MDM roll out, I recommend viewing Apple's guide above for more information).
Redeeming codes guide (for end user)
According to the guide, the app can be downloaded from the company's custom App Store, if it's rolled out to all the managed devices. Otherwise, it can be redeemed through codes.
- Using the VPP (Volume purchasing program), the enterprise company purchases the # of licenses desired.
- This will generate 50 download codes that can be redeemed on the individual devices, as if they are gift card codes.
- To redeem:
- The user opens up the "App Store" on their device
- They scroll down to the bottom of the "Featured" tab
- They tap "Redeem"
- They enter the code given to them and tap "Redeem" in the top right
- The app should begin to download to the device